J7 Truth Campaign Activism
Campaigning to RELEASE THE EVIDENCE!
J7: The July 7th Truth Campaign needs ongoing public support to assist with the campaign calling on the government and authorities to RELEASE THE EVIDENCE which conclusively proves, or disproves, the story outlined in the Home Office account of the London Bombings, beyond reasonable doubt.
The J7 campaign has been set-up, run, researched, published and funded entirely by volunteers. To date, aside from a Guardian G2 interview by Mark Honigsbaum in 2006, to which J7 responded via The Guardian's Comment is Free web site, and a feature-length piece on Channel 4 News in 2007, the campaign to RELEASE THE EVIDENCE has received little in the way of assistance from the mainstream media, save for the odd nugget of information buried away inside otherwise mundane stories, and despite the Home Secretary admitting before Parliament that the Home Office account of the London bombings is wrong. Since this admission, further errors in the report have also been acknowledged by the government and the Home Office report has been repeatedly discredited.
We believe that the evidence placed into the public domain by independent J7 researchers, the individual and collective actions of members of the public, and the quest for truth led by the bereaved families who have received little or no media support, are all major contributory factors in the government being forced to admit that the Official Home Office account of the London bombings is wrong on many crucial points.
The campaign is just getting started in earnest and anything that you can do to help the campaign for the truth about 7/7 to RELEASE THE EVIDENCE is greatly appreciated.
The best place to start would be to sign the J7 RELEASE THE EVIDENCE Petition and circulate details of the Petition as far and wide as possible.
There are many other ways that you can help and some additional ideas are listed below. If you have any other ideas for things that J7 can be doing to promote the call to RELEASE THE EVIDENCE, please email us, or join the J7 forum, where you can interact with other J7 researchers, campaigners and activists.
J7 Activist Activities - Quick links
- Distribute J7 leaflets and Information
- Organise Ludicrous Diversion Screenings
- Join the People's Independent Inquiry Forum
- Write to your MP
- Write to Other People and Organisations
- J7 Letter Template
- Be the Media!
- J7 Truth Campaign mini-FAQ
- Link to J7: The July 7th Truth Campaign
Download, print and distribute the July 7th Truth Campaign flyer locally. Distribute leaflets wherever you go. Libraries, newsagents, bookshops, coffee shops and other local communal areas are good places to leave leaflets and many shopkeepers are only too glad to assist with publicising the people's quest for the truth. Please see the J7 downloads page for the latest J7 flyers and literature.
If you would like us to send you pre-printed flyers, contact us.
The 7/7 documentary Ludicrous Diversion was heavily influenced by the public research efforts of the July 7th Truth Campaign and, at 28 minutes long, is a superb, detailed and concise introduction to some of the issues surrounding the events of 7/7, and the problems that we, the people, face in trying to establish the truth about what really happened. Ludicrous Diversion also addresses the reasons why it is important to understand exactly what happened on 7/7, and how it happened.
Organise a Ludicrous Diversion showing and debate in your school / college / university or workplace. The film is short enough in length to be screened to friends and colleagues during a lunch break. (Time to use your office and its equipment for something useful, at last!)
Alternatively, book a community centre, church or school hall, or your local cinema, or any other venue at which a screening can be held, and that you think you can fill with people to watch the film (check that terms of hire cover public liability insurance), put word out by email, blogs, forums, flyers, word of mouth, and in local press events listings. Be sure to let J7 know when and where your screening is and we'll help publicise it on the J7 web site, forum and blog.
J7 can also provide you with Ludicrous Diversion DVDs for the screening and/or handing out, as well as copies of J7 flyers. (We don't charge for this, however, if you are able to help contribute towards the cost of making these resources available, we gratefully appreciate any contribution you can make.) If you have access to a sturdy printer or local print service and want to make your own flyers, you can download PDF print versions of J7 flyers here.
Keep up to date with the latest J7 research on the ever-growing July 7th People's Independent Inquiry forum. The forum is populated by J7 campaigners actively researching and investigating what happened on 7/7 and writing to the government and authorities to request information under the Freedom of Information Act.
If you have communicated with the authorities about J7, or requested specific information under Freedom of Information regulations, we would very much like to hear from you. Please join the forum and post the details and results of your inquiries.
MPs have the power to ask questions of the government and they also have the power to repeal the Inquiries Act 2005 that renders all inquiries subject to the final approval of the government. They can also call for a full judicial public inquiry into the events of July 7th so that the facts about what happened can be brought out into the public domain.
Difficult as it may be to believe, MP’s do occasionally take notice and several J7 forum members have managed to establish meaningful dialogues with their respective member of Parliament.
We recommend writing to your MP using old-fashioned postal mail as this should guarantee you a written response.
If you want to email your MP, MPs are listed in alphabetical order here on the Parliament web site, where you will find their email addresses and, where available, links to their blogs where there may also be opportunity for comment.
There are also other Parliamentary directories which may be of use.
You can also send an email to your MP using the service provided at writetothem.com.
We would be delighted to hear about any letters or emails sent to your MPs and any responses received. Please share your efforts with us on the J7 forum, or email a copy of your letter to julyseventh[at]fastmail.net, making sure to advise us if you would like your personal details withheld, and we will publish your communications on your behalf.
Write letters to local, regional and national press, journalists, academics and public figures. Please join the J7 People's Independent Inquiry Forum and post copies of your communications. Alternatively, email a copy of your letter to julyseventh[at]fastmail.net, making sure to advise us if you would like your personal details withheld, and we will publish it on your behalf.
Plans exist for a J7 letter template that will be added here shortly but, in the meantime, we would suggest that you write about whichever issues most concern you and that you personalise your letters in whatever way you feel appropriate. For example, you might wish to reference whichever inconsistencies or failings in the Official Report most concern you, or you may have several related issues of your own that you wish to raise. If you need some inspiration, plenty of anomalies are listed in Mind the Gaps Part 1 and Part 2 and elsewhere on this site.
If you believe that any Official Report about any event that killed 56 and led to 'the largest criminal inquiry in English history' should be supported by conclusive evidence, then please tell whomever you are writing to that you support the July 7th Truth Campaign's call to the government and the authorities to RELEASE THE EVIDENCE!
Many radio and television shows take calls, emails and text messages from members of the public, use these opportunities to raise any of the many inconsistencies in the official story and bring them to the attention of as many people as possible.
If you have a personal web site or blog, please add a link http://julyseventh.co.uk/ and ask viewers of your site to sign the petition to RELEASE THE EVIDENCE! J7 graphics and instructions on adding them to your site are here.
To help with your J7 activist efforts, here are a few points to bear in mind about the J7 Truth Campaign:
J7 Truth Campaign mini-FAQ
- The July 7th Truth Campaign is the campaign calling on the government and authorities to RELEASE THE EVIDENCE which conclusively proves that the story outlined in the Official Report of the London Bombings is in fact what happened. This is, after all, 'the largest criminal inquiry in English history' and any such investigation requires evidence upon which to base assumptions, allegations and conclusions.
- So far, there has been no evidence released into the public domain that could be used to convict anyone in a court of law for what happened on the day that 56 were killed and over 770 injured. We believe that everyone has the right to a fair and just judicial process and that people are innocent until their guilt can be conclusively proven.
- The July 7th Truth Campaign supports all calls for an Independent Public Inquiry into the events of July 7th 2005 on the basis that any such inquiry be held outside of the remit of the Inquiries Act 2005 which means that the inquiry and its terms of reference would be decided by the executive; no independent parliamentary scrutiny of these decisions would be allowed; all members of the inquiry would be appointed by the executive who would retain the discretion to dismiss any members of the inquiry panel; the executive can impose restrictions on public access to the inquiry, including on whether the inquiry, or any individual hearings, would be held in public or private; the executive can also impose restrictions on disclosure or publication of any evidence or documents given, produced or provided to an inquiry; the final report of the inquiry would be published at the executive's discretion and crucial evidence could be omitted at the executive's discretion, "in the public interest". As such, inquiries can no longer be termed truly independent. The July 7th Truth Campaign is calling on all judges to boycott any inquiry proposed under the flawed terms of the act. We also support Amnesty International, the Law Society of England and Wales and many other human, civil and legal rights organisations in their joint calls for the repeal of the Inquiries Act 2005.
- The July 7th Truth Campaign is not affiliated with any political, religious or spiritual organisations
Copy the HTML code between the lines for the image you wish to use on your web site and include it in your HTML document. If you link to us, feel free to send us a mail and let us know, or add your link on the J7 forum thread.
Version 1 (107x66 pixels)---------------------------------------------
<a href="http://julyseventh.co.uk/"><img src="http://julyseventh.co.uk/images/j7tclogo.jpg" alt="July 7th Truth Campaign - RELEASE THE EVIDENCE!" border="0" /></a>
Version 2 (120x23 pixels)---------------------------------------------
<a href="http://julyseventh.co.uk/"><img src="http://julyseventh.co.uk/images/J7-release.jpg" alt="July 7th Truth Campaign - RELEASE THE EVIDENCE!" border="0" /></a>
If you want to place an an ordinary text link to us, use the following code:
<a href="http://julyseventh.co.uk/">J7: The July 7th Truth Campaign</a>